Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pumpkin Muffins for Baby

My son gave these mini muffins two thumbs up! He's 9 months old and this was his first experience with wheat. I find them a little bland (no salt or sugar here) but I watched a toddler happily eat one and call it a cookie! These muffins break apart easily and I found my son preferred to pull them apart himself or just stuff large pieces into his mouth. I kept six in the fridge and froze the rest.






Pumpkin Muffins for Baby
Yield: 24 mini-muffins
Bake: 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1 can pumpkin
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
Using a stand mixer, or by hand, mash the banana and pumpkin together until smooth. Mix in the dry ingredients. Batter will be thick. Divide into a 24 cup mini muffin pan, cups should be full. These must be cooked in small portions or they will not set well, do not try to use a full-size muffin pan. Muffin tops should be firm to the touch.







No comments:

Post a Comment